Medectis LTD – Contracted work for Wearable Device
(Jan 2019 – April 2019)
- Medtech start-up founded by Imperial College Emeritus Professor Tony Constantinides, and intends to measure core body temperature through a skin patch temperature sensor.
- Recruited to analyse the effectiveness of the algorithms applied. This involved conducting due diligence on the accuracy of the device through communication with existing members to obtain key metrics.
- Worked for 25 hours per week, and provided suggestions for improved revisions of the device.
Caura LTD – Product Development Consultant
(Oct 2018 – Present)
- Caura is a 5 member SOSV-backed start-up founded by two Imperial College alumni featured on Forbes 30 under 30, and aims to build the first portable molecular tracker.
- Headhunted to lead product development and provide expertise on biomedical wearables design and large scale manufacturing. Currently assisting in building a team for the manufacturing phase.
BBOXX LTD – Electronic Design Engineer
(Oct 2017 – Oct 2018)
- BBOXX is a technology-led start-up that improves access to energy across the developing world, and was recently valued as the 2nd most valuable energy start-up in the UK.
- Led the product development of BBOXX Hub, the next generation device for metering solar inverters through an Internet of Things (IoT) platform to enable BBOXX’s entry into data and financial analytics.
- Collaborated with the operations team in Africa and manufacturing in China for design reviews.
- Managed the future migration of current products to lithium ion-batteries from lead-acid systems.
BBOXX LTD – Embedded Systems Engineer (Placement)
(Apr 2016 – Sep 2016)
- Designed a low-cost and wireless metering device for microgrids and electrical systems.
- The prototypes developed during the placement was showcased to Steamaco who purchased 1000 units in 2016, and further developed into a partnership with General Electric Power in 2017.
TATA Technologies UK – Technical Consulting Intern
(Jul 2015 – Sep 2015)
- Worked in a team to design the body mechanism and exterior trim of the current Jaguar X540 model.
- Developed a product lifecycle framework applied in future model releases of the Range Rover line.
Sensor-Technik Wiedemann GmbH, Germany – Software Developer
(Jul 2014 –Sep 2014)
- Developed embedded software for ECUs as part of a team for successful automobile engine tests.
- Negotiated with clients to formalise user and system requirements for software development.
Singapore Armed Forces – Infantry Platoon Commander, Lieutenant
(Apr 2012 – Mar 2013)
- Selected as the top 5% in basic military training for advance to further training in Officer Cadet School.
- Commander-in-charge of 64 men and responsible for maintaining training and welfare standards.
- Managed all legal and financial issues of personnel under command as an investigation officer.
Imperial College London, UK
PhD Candidate in the Centre for Bio-Inspired Technology (2018 – 2022)
- Monolithic Integration of Wireless Electrochemical Sensors.
- This involves the concepts of analogue integrated circuit design, electrochemistry, wireless power transfer and wireless telemetry.
- Supervised 12 students and a group project.
- Conducted three 2-hour specialised lectures in Instrumentation course to a class of 50, and designed the coursework and material presented.
- Developed coursework for the 2021 year Full Custom Integrated Circuit course for a class of 70 students. Introduced more team-based learning and individual project aspects to the curriculum.
- Prepared the questions for the 2020 and 2021 Analogue Electronics final exam for undergraduates and master students.
- Worked as a graduate teaching assistant for courses in all years.
- Appointed by the graduate school as a Student Programme Leader to deliver postgraduate courses.
- Elected as the representative for 40 departmental PhD students, and led the planning and organisation for the inaugural departmental alumni event for ex-PhD students in the group to be held in 2020 (2020-21).
- Elected as overall representative for ~300 postgraduate students in EEE (2021).
- First PhD student to be accredited as an Associate Fellow for the Higher Education Academy (AFHEA), which demonstrates a strong commitment to professional learning and teaching in higher education.
- Accredited as a Fellow for the Higher Education Academy (FHEA) in 2021.
Imperial College London, UK
MEng in Electrical and Electronic Engineering (2014 – 2017)
- Final year project was awarded the best student paper among 200 papers at the IEEE BioCAS 2017 conference in Turin, and this was presented in a lecture to 70-80 people.
- Graduated with 1st Class Honours, and awarded a full overseas student PhD scholarship in 2017.
Anglo-Chinese School (Independent), Singapore
International Baccalaureate Diploma (2005 – 2010)